Best Air Cooler/Room cooler In India (2021): Buying Guide
Table of Contents
Beating the heat this summer without putting a hole in the pocket is one of the biggest challenges one faces every summer season. An efficient room cooler or air cooler is one answer to this problem. The room if wisely used can gives you a high relief from the scorching heat outside.
In this article we are going to discuss the best room cooler in India, buying guide, and how to maintain them
Advantages of coolers
- Cooler works on the water and no chemicals are used for cooling so they are eco-friendly.
- Cooler gives freshness to the air as compared to the AC.
- The cooler is good for people that have some kind of allergy.
- They consume less power as compared to AC.
- Cooler is easy to maintain and store when, not in use
- They can be easily movable from one place to another if have wheels
- They cause less pollution as compared to AC.
Disadvantages of cooler
- The cooler does not work properly in the humid climate as they are not supposed to cover up the humidity. For such places, the AC is required.
- Cooler is not effective in a place where there is a water shortage and the temperature goes above 45 degrees. As you need to fill it up 2 to 3 times a day which will not be possible in a water shortage area.
- The cooler fans make a noise which sometimes is very irresistible.
Power consumption of cooler
The power consumption of the cooler is far less than the AC. Apart from this they are also eco-friendly and give a feel of freshness in the room. If an AC with 1.5 tons consumes a power of 1.2 to 1.5 units in an hour then a cooler will consume only 0.2 or 0.3 units in an hour for the same room. Hence there is a difference of 80- 90% in the power consumption patterns of both devices. Thus we can say that the cooler will give a less impact on the electricity bill as compared to the AC.
Efficiency of the cooler
The efficiency of the cooler depends on the two main factors
There are two types of cooling pads for the cooler viz. Aspen(wood wool) and honeycomb. Both are good but the honeycomb is 85% effective as compared to the wood wool which is 75% effective.
The plastic or fiber body is less durable and has low cooling as compared to the steel galvanized body which is more durable and has more area for the cooling pads. Moreover, the fiber body cooler is easy to move and store as compared to the steel body.
How we rated the air coolers
we have rated air coolers on the basis of the following analysis
- Air delivery: Air delivery defines the distance at which you can experience the coolness of the air cooler. It is the most prominent factor in selecting the air cooler.
- Safety: The protection and safety are other factors we have considered while selecting the model in the list. The safety includes the alarm for low water, thermal overload cut out and voltage fluctuation etc.
- Power consumption: It is also a key factor as a cooler which absorbs high voltage will result in a surge in the high electricity bill. As the coolers are used the whole night so we should look for this factor also.
- Durability: Though the coolers are used for 3 to 4 months in a year a durability factor should be taken into consideration as it is impossible for a common man to buy a cooler again and again.
- After-sales service: The electrical appliances need a good after-sales service which we have also considered during our ranking.
Best room/air cooler in India (Under 10,000)
Bajaj Platini PX97 Torque
Bajaj Electricals is one of the oldest companies that has been dedicatedly to working towards innovations that simplify human life. This is one of the best-selling portable air coolers which can easily fit into anyone’s pocket. The cooler is suitable for different climates as well geographical locations.
It is at the top of the list due to its good air-throwing speed of 70 feet. Also, it consumes a low power of 100 watts. with a water capacity of 36 liters and can easily run on an invertor.
- water capacity of 36 L is enough for the whole night.
- Ideal for small room (150 sq. ft)
- Three-sided honeycomb cooling pads
- Castor wheel for easy movement
- Portable size
- Cord length 1.5 M
- 2 Way speed control
- Invertor compatible
- Good air throw of 70 ft. so good circulation of the coolness in the room.
- Affordable price
- Easy to maintain
- Good performance
- A plastic body is not very much durable
- After-sales service not up to the mark
Some important points
- Do not worry if you experience some pungent smell when you run your cooler for the 1st time. This is due to the disinfectant/chemical used to clean the honeycomb pads. Also, please change the water twice a week to avoid any pungent smell. The problem should not recur in subsequent uses. If it does, please contact Brand Service Center.
- Always allow for Cross-Ventilation in your area/room, else cooler won’t work effectively
Crompton Ozone 75-Litres Desert Air Cooler
The Crompton Ozone is also one of the best seller air coolers in India with a water capacity of 75 liters, This cooler is a perfect fit for a large room or hall with a size of 550 sq. ft. The air throw is 52 ft. with air delivery of 46000 cubic meters/ hr.
- The capacity of 75 L which is good enough
- Honeycomb cooling pad
- Airspeed control
- Air throw: 52ft.
- Power: 190 watts.
- Operating voltage: 230 V
- Water level indicators
- A good capacity of water (75L)
- Good Air delivery
- Ideal for the large room(550 sq. Ft.)
- Wheels for easy movement
- Manual speed control(no remote control)
- Plastic Fan
Symphony Hi Cool i Room Air Cooler
The symphony cooler is known for its low power consumption and reasonable price. This air cooler is powered by i-pure technology that gives you the added feature of air purification. The remote control and water tank alarm are additional features of the cooler.
- Capacity: 31 L with tank alarm
- Power consumption: 185 watts
- Ideal for 59 cubic meters
- I-pure technology
- Dura pump ensures longevity
- multi-stage air purification
- Honeycomb cooling pads
- Voltage fluctuation protection
- Touch panel with remote control
- Air purification technology gives you freedom from any bad odor and dust allergy
- Good capacity water storage tank
- Remote-controlled so can be operated from a distance
- Protection against voltage fluctuation
- Fiber Body
- Not suitable for large rooms or hall
Havells Celia I Desert Air Cooler
The Havells Celia air cooler is an innovative set of cooler with a unique fan designed for low noise cooling. The air delivery is 3500 cubic meters/hr which ensures cooling in a larger area also. Ice chamber allows the introduction of ice into the water giving you chills and a cool breeze.
- Capacity: 55L
- Low noise fan
- Power consumption: 220 Watts
- Air delivery: 3500 cubic meters/hr
- Remote operational
- Collapsible louvers
- Ice Chamber
- Aluminum motor
- Thermal load protection
- Wheels with brakes
- Ideal for medium to a large room
- A large tank provides a good capacity for water and auto-filling.
- Prevention from dust and insects
- Remote controlled
- Low noise with excellent cooling
Cannot control humidity
The coolers are our traditional cooling devices. They are eco-friendly machines that can be used for creating a cool environment during the summer season. They are the best option for getting rid of the scorching heatwaves in the summer season for middle-class people. As they are budget-friendly and do not require so much maintenance. The BAJAJ Coolers and symphony coolers are among the best brands.