Best Brass Utensils For Indian Kitchen(2021
Table of Contents
Brass utensils are one of the best utensils for cooking as well as for dining purposes. These utensils are used for a long time ago due to their prolonged health benefits as compared to other utensils such as steel/nonstick cookware. Moreover, they are easy to clean and require less maintenance.
What is brass and how it is formed?
Brass is an alloy made from 70% copper and 30% zinc. It is yellow in color. Both the metals used in the brass formation have their own health benefits so it is considered good for health. The brass is also called pital in Hindi. The brass utensils are used in cooking, storing food, serving as well as storing drinking water. The water stored in such vessels has high immunity power and is good for the stomach also.
Copper and zinc have their own properties that fight to cure certain diseases in the human body and Brass is a good source to acquire the benefits of both these metals.
Benefits Of Using Brass Utensils
Cooking in brass or using brass has many health benefits. It is one of the traditional that is also beneficial in current times too. Some of the highlighted benefits of brass utensils are listed below:
- Brass is good for healthy skin and hair as it produces melanin which is essential for the growth of healthy hair and prevents the greying of the hair at an early age. It also helps in reducing skin infection.
- The food cooked in the brass cookware releases the essential oil in the food which is good for health and also adds flavor to the dish.
- Eating in brass cookware reduces the inflammation in the abdomen and improves digestion also.
- Drinking water in the brass glass increases strength and immunity.
- Brass also helps in increasing memory if used for the long term.
- Zinc present in brass helps in the purification of the blood
How to clean brass cookware
If cleaned regularly, it is easy to clean the cookware. The following three methods can be used for it.
- Use the lemon and salt/ baking powder and rub it on the utensil all over. Now wash with clean water. It will be cleaned properly.
- Pitambari can also be used for cleaning such cookware.
- you can also clean them with vinegar and salt in boiling water.
Some important points to note
Before using the brass cookware here are some important points that can be taken care
- Always use tin coating also called kalai in the brass cookware for cooking food.
- Do not expose the cookware to excess air as it can decompose it and form a green or black coating which is considered harmful to health.
- Avoid cooking acidic food in brass utensils.
list of some brass utensils useful for home
Indian Art Villa Brass Glass Tumbler, Embossed Design
- Material: Brass
- Color: Gold
- Weight: 1195g
- Capacity: 0.33 litres
- Dimensions: 6.6 x 6.6 x 10.4 Cm
- 100% food-grade material
- weight: 600 gms
- Detachable blades
- 6 different jalis
- thick thread
- leak-proof base
- 62 mm thickness
Yadav Craft® Brass Kadhai
- Capacity: 3L
- Weight: 1 kg 180 g
- Type: Heavyweight
- Material: 100% Brass
- Dimensions: 34 x 34 x 13 cm
Kitchen King Handmade Pure Brass Platter Pital Parat/Parath
- Dimension: 16 x 16, 4 in
- Material: Brass
- Weight: 1000g
- Color: Golden
Pure Brass Round Top Set kalayi Patila|Bhagona
- Dimensions: 0.8 x 0.8 x 0.8 cm
- Material: Bronze
- Kalai is Done So ready to use
- Dishwasher Safe
The brass utensils are good to use in day-to-day life for cooking food as it has some natural properties that make the cooking easy and add a natural taste to the food but they must be used with utmost care as the corrosion or improper cleaning may result in the health issues.