Best chopping Board For Indian Kitchen
Table of Contents
When it comes to the chopping board we have got a lot of material to choose from. But which one is the best that will last long and does not have harmful effect on health are some of the consideration to look on. There are various material available such as plastic, wood, bamboo, steel etc. all of them have different properties as well as pros and cons which will will discuss in this article.
- Which Is The Best Gas Stove? Glasstop/Stainless steel
- 5 Best Dinner Set For Home In India: Buying Guide And Review
Eco friendly bamboo chopping board.
Wooden chopping board can be used for daily purpose
Stainless steel board for modern kitchen
plastic and durable board easy to use
Different Kinds of chopping Board
Plastic chopping board
The plastic is the cheapest chopping board available in the market. It require least maintenance and can be stored easily. Since they have hard surface so, they can get the marks of the knifes easily which results in the germination of bacteria and have ill effect on our health.
- These are the cheapest chopping board available in the market.
- They require less maintenance.
- They can easily be replaced once torn out.
- Since plastic is hazardous to our health so, if some of the particles get indulged in our food while food it will not be safe for us to consume it.
- The chopping board will go easily under wear and tear so they will be replaced soon which will harm environment as we all are aware that the plastic are non bio degradable.
- The surface of the board is hard which effect the blade of the knife.
Bamboo chopping bards are a great option for kitchen as they are not too costly moreover they are eco friendly. Thus once used or ruined can easily be decomposed. These are made from bamboo tree. They have a soft surface.
- Eco friendly material chopping board
- It does not harm food as well as health
- It can be easily washed and cleaned and therefore hygienically safe.
- It has a harder surface than wood which can effect the sharpness of the blade.
- The bamboo sticks are glued together to make the board. So, make sure that the glue does not get stick to the surface as its chemical formaldehyde cause health related issues in long term.
- The Bamboo chopping board has grooves in it which interrupt in proper slicing and dicing of vegetables.
Wood is the best material to be used in kitchen as it is chemical free and has no reaction with the food. It also do not cause any harm to the health of the family members. Though it is costly it is the best option to use. The shallow cuts in the wood will heal up on itself due to its self healing property. The various wood used for making the chopping board are: Teak, Oak, Acacia etc.
- It is a eco friendly material.
- The wood does not reacts with the food items.
- It does not have side effects as the other material.
- It is slightly softer than the bamboo so it does not harm the knives blades.
- The board will regain its shine after it is properly cared with oil or wax.
- It require a lot of care to maintain.
- The board should be cleaned just after to use in order to prevent its damage.
- The boards are little costly.
- It should not be washed with the harsh detergent as it can damage the board.
- These cannot be washed in the dishwasher.
Steel is also considered as a safe material for kitchen usage. These are tough and easy to clean. It can be used to maintain the proper hygiene as it is washable.
- Easy to clean and maintain as well as they are scratch free.
- The boards look amazing in kitchen with the other stainless steel utensils.
- The boards are not so expensive.
Since the steel is tough it can easily damage the blade of the knives.
Types of wooden chopping boards
- These are made from the whole wood as a flat surface. This kind of boards have the tendency to change it shape as the wood becomes hard after some times. So, these are not so durable and hence can be avoided.
- These are made while using the small blocks of wood stick together to form a rectangular block. They are more durable and long lasting.
list of the various chopping boards that are suitable for our Indian kitchen
ROYAL CRAFT WOOD Organic Bamboo Cutting Chopping Board with Juice Groove
Cooking becomes interesting with some interesting accessories in the kitchen this bamboo chopping board is one of them. It has three trays which can be used to cook small meals, party platters for large companies, and middle-size family dinners. The board has the deep grooves that catches the meat and fruit juices so that the kitchen surface remains clean.
- Sleek, minimalist design
- Durable organic wood
- Knife-friendly surface
- Side handle for using it as a serving tray.
- Grooves for preventing mess
- Water resistant
- Eco friendly
- Anti bacterial and scratch free
The main drawback is that it is made up of bamboo which has groove which can interrupt smooth chopping
Acacia Wood Cutting/Serving/Chopping Board
The board is made of gorgeous Acacia hardwood, this Round Paddle Board is functional and beautiful due to its rich, shimmering colors. The wood won’t dull knives and the featured grommet allows you to easily hang the board on display when not in use or for air drying. The board can also be used as a serving tray. It has a reversible design which allows to be use form both the sides.
- Both sides uses
- Eco friendly
- Free from chemicals
- Can be used as platter and serving tray
- Water resistant
- Great gifting idea
The main drawback is that it is made up of wood which require a good care.
ORGANIZEMEE Steel Chopping Board
The Ever Ex Stainless Steel chopping board is made of 304 food grade stainless steel and will not mold, cracked or warped, so there will be no dirt, debris or plastic fibers contaminating your food. It is suitable for pizza, bread, mousse cakes and other foods that require size control. The size of the board supports its use in kitchen as well as in restaurant. It can be used for slicing, chopping, kneading, cutting meat and fish.
- High grade stainless steel
- Odor and scratch free
- Easy to clean
- Healthy and hygiene
- Multipurpose usage
- Ergonomically designed
The main drawback is it is made of steel which has hard surface and can effect the sharpness of the knife blade.
Amazon Brand – Solimo Plastic Cutting/Chopping Board
Solimo Plastic Cutting/Chopping Board is made from polypropylene, which is a high-quality food-grade plastic and thus, safe for use. This board, weighing 395 gms, is designed to withstand the daily wear and tear. With coarsened surface and skid-free bottom, it provides an excellent grip for cutting fruits and vegetables. It will not use much of your kitchen space since the sleek design of the chopping board makes it easy to be stored away. A helping hand in slicing with ease, the chopping board is dishwasher safe.
- Plastic chopping board
- Easy to clean
- In budget chopping board
- Water proof
- Resistant to corrosion
The main drawback is it is made up of plastic which is not consider for the long time usage.
Rapidora QiMH Collapsible Cutting Board
The Rapioda Qi chopping board is a 3 in 1 chopping board with features the storage basket, chopping board, and the washing veggies. The material is silicone free and hence no harm to the health. The style of the boards is as such it does not allows the slipping of the veggies irrespective of the weight.
- BPA free plastic so no harm to health
- Easy to use and handle
- Versatile functions.
- Good quality material
- Highly durable
- Elegant look.
- Foldable so can be stored easily.
Piesome Wooden Bamboo Cutting Board
The Piesome chopping board is made up of good quality bamboo wood which has the natural anti bacterial property. It is also cuts resistant as the wood has the natural property of healing. The curved edges and the handle makes it extremely useful. In addition the large surface area of the board gives enough space for chopping vegetables and fruits. The quality of the wood used is excellent which makes it outstanding as compared to the other boards.
- Eco friendly board with high quality bamboo wood.
- Anti bacterial so good for health
- Cuts resistant makes it long durable.
- Curved edges for safety with handle to hang or carry.
- Easy to maintain.
- Large surface area for chopping.
The main drawback is that it cannot be washed in a dish washer.
Some do’s and don’t s
- Do not keep the board wet as it can be a hot spot of germs
- Always clean the board after use instantly to get rid of any stains and smell.
- Do not keep the plastic board near flame.
- Oil the wooden board regularly to maintain its shine and long life.
- Keep the board in a clean and dry place.
- If scratched change the board in order to maintain healthy eating.
- Do not rub the board with coarse scrubber while washing as it can damage it.
How to clean the board
To clean the board just rinse thoroughly it with water and wipe it with a clean and dry cloth. Then hang it in a airy, clean and dry place.
If it contains any smell or some stinking then rub it with slice of lime and wash it with a warm water. And dry it. Always keep the board neat and clean.
For, a wooden board apply some oil after some time sot hat the surface shine remains and increase its durability.
Frequently Asked Questions
which is the safest chopping board?
According to the research the wooden chopping boards are the safe one to use as they are free from chemicals and can be used for a long time if maintained properly.
Is it safe to use stainless steel as a chopping board?
Yes, it is absolutely safe to use. The stainless steel boards are made up of food grade material which is considered hygienic and is one of the demanded material in today time.
Do wooden chopping boards hold bacteria?
Scientists has analyzed that the wood has anti microbial property which kills the bacteria on its own as well as it absorbs the water and heal the scratches itself . where as the plastic and other material do not absorbs water and can be contaminated easily.
How to select the chopping board?
Select the board with large size as it will allow you to do more work. Make sure the board does not have foot so that it can be used both sides.
Can we use wood chopping board to cut raw meat?
Yes, you can but use one side of the board to cut meat an other to cut other items so that the food items cannot be degraded.
How to clean the chopping board?
You can simply clean it by washing instantly after use or if it stinks just rub out a piece of lemon and wash with water to get rid of the smell. For wooden board oil them to keep the shiny surface and long life of the board.
Although all the material used for making the chopping board are safe to use but for the sake of environment and health we recommend you to buy ROYAL CRAFT WOOD Organic Bamboo Cutting Chopping Board because of its benefits and multipurpose usage.
For more inquiries comment in the box below we would be happy to help you.