Last Updated on May 18, 2022 by shikha gupta
Best Heating Pad: Medicine Free treatment
Heating pads for pain relief
These days most of us are usually suffering from pain in one or the other part of the body. This pain can be sometimes very harsh. So. if you want get relief from this kind of pain then one solution to this is heating pad.
Heating pads are a proved to be a boon for the person who have back problems or having the muscles related issues. The heat pads provide instant pain relive without medication and can be use easily in any part of the body. The heat therapy has no side effect and can be easily used by anyone without any extra assistance.
Types of heating pad
There are basically four kinds of heat pads available. These are:
Electric heat pad:
The Electric heating pad are very easy to use. Just plug in the switch and control the temperature according to your need and requirement. These pads register temperatures from 76 to 82 °C (169 to 180 °F) and are intended for deep tissue treatment. The pads are durable and are for a long time usage. These also allows the user to switch on and off as per the requirement. The pads must not be left unattended as it can cause harm
Microwave heat pad:
The Microwave heating pads offer relief for sore and tired muscles without the need for any cords or costly electricity. … Along with providing heat therapy, you can usually place these pads in the freezer for cold relief. Thus it can be used for cold as well as heat therapy.
Chemical heat pad:
The Chemical heat pad contains a super cooled liquid that at the flex of a disk, crystallizes and releases heat. The substance inside the heat pad is sodium acetate, a salt hydrate that can be super cooled far below its freezing point without undergoing a phase transition from liquid to solid.
Hot water Bags/ bottles
These are the traditional one used generally with hot boiling water. The bags are to be used with a much caution in order to avoid the burning while handling the bag.
How a heat pad work?
Localized application of heat causes the blood vessels in that area to dilate, enhancing perfusion to the targeted tissue. The heating pads also reduces the side effects caused by medicines and are more effective than the medication.
Uses of Heating Pad
- The heat pad can be used for relaxing the sore muscles caused by the excess of workout.
- These can also be used for the arthritis patient to get relief from the severe pain caused in the joints.
- They reduces the body sensitivity caused due to the environment.
- It can also reduce the muscle strain due to the high workload or lifting weight.
- The heat pads can also be used to reduce cramps due to menstruation or periods.
Best Heat belt List
Flamingo HC 1002 Orthopaedic Heating Belt
Flamingo orthopedic heat belt is strongly recommended by physicians and doctors for quick and lasting relief from spinal disorders, joint and muscular pains, abscesses, boils as well as the menstrual pain It is light and flexible, and above all safe as it comes with two thermostats.
The belt has the inbuilt thermostat with 4 layers of soft insulation with imported heating coil and washable velcro. The belt also has the auto temperature control and the maximum temperature setting is 80 degree centigrade.
- Size: 33 x 25.4 cm
- Power: 220-240 v AC/DC
- Power consumption: 55W
- Cord Length: 1.5m
- Country of origin: India
- Regular,small and xl sizes available
- Washable cotton cover
Sand Puppy Heat wrap – Multipurpose Electric Heating Pad (For Back, Shoulder, Elbow & Knee Pain Relief)
This heat wrap is uniquely designed for the heat therapy to relive pains form exercise, improves recovery and healing by improving blood circulation. The belt has a size that is fit for every one with the help of the velcro. The heat wrap uses carbon heaitng materials to ensure uniform warmth to the affected area. It run on the 12V safety DC adaptor and uses 220 V power. A 12 month warranty is given by the manufacturer. 30-60 minutes usage can reduce the pain in the affected area.Heating pad converts to perfectly fit back, knees, shoulders and elbows. Easy velcro strap to hold firmly in place.
- Good for elderly people, sports person
- Durable and light weight
- Carbon heating material
- Universal fit with velcro
- 12 months warranty
- Adjustable heat level
MCP Velvet Heat Therapy Orthopaedic Pain Reliever Electric Heating Pad
Built-in heat therapy pad provide ultra comfy hot for back pain, muscle soreness, cramps relief and injury, keep waist warm, also can be used on abdomen to relieve menstrual pain or stomach discomfort. Perfect suitable for women,elderly,office works, long-distance and other who are easy to suffer lumbar muscle strain, sciatica, arthritis, soft tissue damage.
- 3 level heat control
- Ultra comfort and tight fit
- Auto power cut after 40 min
- Easy to carry
- Suitable for feet/calves/thighs/back/stomach
Some do’s and don’ts
Here are some do’s and don’ts that one must follow while using the heating pad
- Do not use heating pad for a long duration as it can cause burn or blister due to high exposure to heat.
- Always put the towel or any cloth between the heat pad and skin so that no direct heat is transferred.
- Do not use heating pads for infants or people having poor blood circulation.
- Do not use heat pads wit wet floor or wet hands as it can hurt you.
- The wires of the heat pads should be checked in order to see any breakage between the wires.
- Use the heat pad with a temperature that suits you not at the maximum temperature as it can cause burn.
- Do not left the switched on heat pad alone in the room.
- Keep the pad out of kids reach.
- Do not put the heat pad on the wet surface.