Best Nebulizer Machine in India: Buying guide and review
Table of Contents
What is a Nebulizer?
A Nebulizer is a machine that turns the medicine in to mist and ease in reaching medicine to the lungs directly. It is basically used for Asthmatic patients for direct treatment in the lungs and and small kids who are unable to use the inhaler for steam and remove congestion in the chest.
The nebulizer machine takes 15 to 20 minutes for the medicine to complete at a time and it can be used as an easy process as the mist formed is cool and does not form any irritation. However you must put the mouth piece correctly while using the machine.
In this article you will find what is a nebulizer? how does it work and its usefulness, difference between nebulizer and steam inhaler, Best nebulizer in India, Buying guide . It will help you to select he best machine for your medicinal purpose but it is recommended to consult the doctor before using the medicine for nebulizer and follow prescription strictly before the process.
How does a nebulizer works?
The nebulizer with the process of air compression. The air compressor creates a pressure on the medicine which result in the formation of the mist which can be inhaled easily and can result in effectiveness as the medicine reaches directly ot the lungs.
Parts of a typical nebulizer
Compressor: The compressor is the machine that produces the air pressure with the help of a motor and forces the air to move to the tube.
Tube/pipe: The tube carries the pressurized air and help it to reach the medicine cup. It is a passage through which the air travel helps in the formation of the mist.
Medication cup: The medicine is filled in the medication cup that holds it converted it into the fumes.
Mouthpiece/ mask: There are two ways for taking the medicine. One is the mouthpiece which is to be hold inside the mouth between the teeth and lips closed where as the mask is fitted on the mouth for easy inhalation of the mist. For kid the mask is a better option then the mouthpiece.
Note: Avoid sharing of the mouthpiece and mask as it can cause infection and always clean them after use. Make sure you change your mask from time to time minimum 6 months to 1 year.
Types of nebulizer machine
On the basis of the functionality the nebulizer can be divided in to three types:
1 jet/ nozzle : This nebulizer used compressed sir to produce the pressure and then the mist particles. The air passes through the tube and forms the mist.
2. Ultrasonic : the high frequency vibrations are used to form the mist with the help of the water which act as a coolant. The particle form by this process are larger than the jet one.
3. mesh: The mesh is the expensive and smallest particle created nebulizer. It has a membrane or mesh through which the liquid passes through to form the aerosol.
How to use nebulizer
Follow the following steps to use the nebulizer efficiently and effectively:
- Wash your hand thoroughly with water and dry them before using the nebulizer machine.
- Insert the hose into the air compressor and plug it in to switch.
- Put medicine in to the medication cup. Make sure you uphold the cup straight so that no medicine spills out.
- Attach the mouth piece to the medicine cup and tube.
- Put the mouth piece in to your mouth. Keep the mouth piece between the teeth with lips closed so that no medicine spills out.
- If you have a mask fit it tightly so that no medicine is wasted.
- sit properly while using the nebulization machine. It takes from `10 to 15 minutes to complete the process
- Wash the mouth piece, tube and medication cup and them dry.
- Replace the mask timely to avoid any infection.
Steamer vs. Nebulizer
The steamer produces hot air in the form of water vapor that can help you get relief from the nasal congestion and throat sourness as it produces the particles whose size are large which cannot be travelled through the respiratory tract where as the nebulizer forms the fine particles that can travel directly through the lungs with the help of mouth and effective for the diseases such as bronchitis, COPD, asthma etc. where he lungs required a direct medication to in order to be cured.
note: one can put the water in the steamer to use but it cannot be done with the nebulizer as the particles reaches the lungs directly and it is easy to remove the foreign object form the nose rather than the lungs.
Best Nebulizer machine in India
Handynab Nulife Pistontype Compressor Nebulizer
The Handy nab nulife nebulizer is a very power machine which has reliable piston type compressor designed for professional and intensive use. The machine and compressor makes sure that the medicine is atomized into fine particles so that it reaches the respiratory tract more effectively and resulting in better medical supply.
- Pressure MAx. 2.5 bar, air flow min. 8 LPM
- Noise at 1 meter 55 dBA
- Operating time: 60 min. ON and 60 min. OFF
- Power consumption: 90 Watts
- MAX. weight: 1.6 kg
- Particle size: 0.5 to 5 microns
- Power Supply (215-240vAc; 50-60 Hz) (110-130v Ac, 50-60 Hz)
- Included components: 1 Nulife Handyneb Nebulizer, 1 Bag, Warranty card, Mask Kit, Pump
|1. Easy to use for all family members||1. Power consumption high|
|2. Silent operation||2. Air flow speed low|
|3. Operation time is 60 minutes|
|4. Light weight with good medicine capacity|
Omron NE C28 Compressor Nebulizer For Child and Adult
OMRON NE-C28 Compressor Nebulizer is featured with Virtual Valve Technology for the successful treatment of asthma, chronic bronchitis, allergies and other respiratory disorders. The compressor forces air to the nebulizer kit. The Nebulizers can convert liquid medicine into aerosol droplets that can be easily inhaled.
- Useful for both adults and child
- Nebulizer rate: 0.4 mililiter per minute
- The V.V.T.(virtual valve technology) reduce the wastage of the medicine and increases the effectiveness of the medicine with acute dose inhaled
- Power consumption: 138VA
- 7 ml medication cup capacity
- Aerosol output rate: 0.109ml/min.
- 1 year manufacturer’s warranty with 3 years extended brand warranty
- Included components: Compressor, nebulizer kit, air tubes, 5 pieces replacement filters, mouth piece, adult mask, child mask, instruction manual and carrying bag
Note: it is recommended to replace the nebulizer kit, the mouth and nose piece, masks and tube every year. Air filters should be replaced approximately every 60 days. Specifically, for the mesh nebulizer, it is recommended to exchange the mesh cap after approximately 1 year.
|1. Easy to use safe and comfortable||1. high power consumption|
|2. Power performance with 3.0 micron particle size||2. after sales service not good|
|3. good capacity medication cup|
|4. good warranty period by brand|
also look for
Dr Odin Nebulizer For Kids and AdultsNebulizer
The Dr. Odin nebulizer machine is suitable for all age groups and is effective in curing cough, Asthma, Wheezing cough, Cold , Bronchitis and other condition that require nebulizer for giving medicine. The machine must be used witht he doctor prescribed medicines or with the saline water.
- Piston compressor motor
- Portable handle design for easy carry.
- Anti- shock and safety fuse for extra safety.
- Warranty: 2 years
- Nebulizer rate: 0.2 milliliter per minute
- Strong working air flow
- Included components: Compressor, Air tubes, 5 Pieces replacement filters, Mouth piece, Adult mask, Child mask, Medication cup & instruction manual
- Can work up to 4 hours continuously
- Power AC 230V. 50Hz
|1. Noiseless operation||1. no negative point so far|
|2. Easy to clean handle and shock proof|
|3. Complete vapor compressor system|
|4. Useful for all age groups|
BPL Medical Technologies Breathe Ezee N3 Nebulizer
Breathe Ezee N3 nebulizer is a light weight and piston compressor nebulizer that makes you experience an efficient aerosol therapy by producing superfine mist. The body is made up of plastic and it has an easy handle to carry it along with you. The device works purely on electricity with a low power consumption.
- Oil free Piston Compressor
- Voltage: 220 Volts; Wattage: 125 Watts
- Warranty: 1 year
- Includes: 1 nebulizer, 2 mask, 1 tube
- Material: plastic
|1. Low power consumption||1. price is on higher side|
|2. one mask for adult and one for child|
|3. Super fine aerosol for easy breathe|
|4. low noise|
Beurer Nebulizer machine, German Technology
The IH 18 nebulizer is a German technology based nebulizer that uses compressed air technology to nebulize liquid medication. It helps in speedy and effective treatment of upper and lower respiratory tracts. The inhalation time is very short and has a high nebulization capacity.
- Air compressor technology
- Working pressure: 0.8 to 1.45 bar
- Short inhalation time
- Warranty 5 years
- High nebulization capacity: 0.4 ml/minute
- High Atomizing
- Includes Accessories: Nebuliser bottle, mouthpiece, adult mask, child mask, compressed air tube and filter
|1. Can be disinfected||1. no negative point yet|
|2. Storage compartment for accessories|
|3. Fine particle size|
|4. Easy to carry|
Philips Home Nebulizer with Side Stream Disposable Kit
Philips Home Nebulizer offers high quality aerosol therapy for the effective management of respiratory conditions, at an affordable price. Gives medication in a least time of 6 minutes. It has been designed with Side Stream that draw more air in, via an active venturi system, resulting in fast drug delivery and short.
- Compact and small nebulizer with light weight and simple operation
- Treats in 6 minutes with effective medication
- Reliable therapy with side stream
- Includes: Home nebulizer compressor, side stream nebulizer, mouthpiece, nebulizer tubing, filters, adult mask, pediatric mask.
- 30 minutes ON and 30 minutes OFF
- Air pressure: 0.4 ml/minute
|1. side steam for effective medication||1. price high|
|2. suitable for all ages|
|3. 30 minutes on time|
|4. Good air pressure|
Things to be considered before buying the nebulizer
Before buying a nebulizer one should consider following things in mind:
who is going to use the nebulizer?
As we know that the most of the nebulizer suitable for adults as well as children but you should always look for the soft mist nebulizer if looking for infant and child as it will nit be harsh for them to inhale the mist where as if you are purchasing for a specific disease such as bronchitis, or respiratory tract inflammation you should always consider a nebulizer which gives the medication on the basis of acuteness.
How frequent you will use it?
For a nebulizer that must be used daily it must be sturdy, easy to handle and clean. If you want it use twice a day for a long time it must with stand that time limit. For a travel freak than look for light weighted and easy to carry, compact nebulizer.
What disease are you using the nebulizer for?
The respiratory tract is divided in to two parts the upper and the lower one .Some diseases such as runny nose, sinusitis required the medicine to be used on the upper tract these needed larger molecules of the aerosol where as the diseases such as bronchitis, asthma and COPD needed medicine at the lower respiratory tract which require smaller molecules of aerosol.
How to clean nebulizer machine
It is a very important step after using the as it can cause the infection to the user and can be source of other germs causing diseases. Here is a step by step guide that will tell you how to clean the nebulizer after use.
- disassemble the nebulizer by separating the tube, mouth piece or mask, medication cup and t-shaped chamber.
- dip them in to warm water or sterile water or with with vinegar for disinfecting
- Now wash them with clean water and lay them ion a paper towel for dry
- once dried put hem back in place
- always store the nebulizer kit in sealed bag to avoid the germs and dust formation
- Do not wash the tube as some clean air passes through it it is not dirty.
The nebulizer is one of the most important device for infants and elder who does not able to take the medicine and required a frequent and effective medicine. The handy nab and the Omron nebulizers are the best among all the nebulizer as per our analysis and work done
for more details and queries comment in the box below.