Easy Recipes For Kids
Recipes for kids
Preparing food for babies and giving them proper nutrition is a very tough task. But you can reach this goal after following some of such helpful articles that will help you to make a proper nutrition meal for the little one with the least effort. These recipes for kids are very easy to prepare and are delicious too. It will give proper nutrition to the little one and help in the growth of the little baby.
Here is a list of food items that one can give the baby older than 6 months. It can also be used for fussy toddler.
Cereals such as Ragi, Wheat, Oats, Rice, Pulses such as Moong dal, Tur dal, Nuts such as almond, raisins, walnut, and milk, egg white, vegetables and fruits
1. Moong Dal Rice Kichdi Recipes for kids
It is very easy to make. The key ingredients are moong dal, rice a pinch of salt, a pinch of hing, little turmeric, water, and ghee. Steps for the recipe
- Soak 2 tablespoons of moong dal and 2 tablespoons of rice in a bowl of water for 30 minutes after washing with water.
- Take a pan and a spoon full of ghee and add a pinch of hing to it.
- Now add water with dal and rice and a little turmeric and a very little salt.
- Bring it to boil and the gas.
- Let it cook for 15 minutes.
- check that the dal and rice are fully cooked.
- Now mesh the kichdi and feed the baby.
You can also make the power of rice and dal and then use it for making Khichdi. For it wash the dal and rice separately and then dry them in the sun and then grind it in to powder form. This power can be used to make an instant khichdi.
You can also use the green moong dal or Tur dal following the same process to make Kichdi.
Note: adding a little amount of ghee and hing make the Kichdi more healthy and easily digestible.
2. Carrot, Pumpkin and Tomato Puree Recipe
This is also a healty option for the baby. The ingridients are rich in vitamin A, C and also gives iron and calcium for the baby growth. The step to follow for the recepie are:
- Take a carrot, a slice of pumpkin, and a tomato.
- Peel the carrot and cut it into pieces
- Now peel the pumpkin and tomato and cut them into pieces.
- Put all things in a pan and bring it to a boil and simmer the gas till it becomes soft.
- Now cool them and then smash them with the help of a blender.
you can aslo add some other veggies such as beet root, spinach etc.to make it more healthy
3. Atta/ suji sheera
The wheat flour is also a healthy option for baby. It can be prepared in minutes will a very less effort. The steps for the recipe are:
- Put some ghee in a pan and heat it.
- Add a little amount of wheat flour/ suji whichever you like.
- Roast it. Till it becomes golden brown.
- Next, add some water. The ratio of water to flour is (3:1) Means 3 parts of water and 1 part of the flour.
- Next, add some sugar or jaggery( it is good for babies and kids)
- Make it a little thin so that it can be easily eaten by the baby.
4. Vegetable Upma
It is considered as a nutritious recipe as it includes a lot of veggies. It is easily digestible and quick to prepare. The key ingredients are suji, chopped vegetables of your choice, little amount of ghee.
- Roast some suji in a pan until it becomes brown.
- Take some ghee in a pan and cook the finely chopped vegetables
- make the vegetables soft
- add the suji and water to cook
- now add the salt and little black pepper
- The upma is now ready to serve
5. Vegetable puree recpie
It is a healthy option for introducing the vegetable in kids diet. The recipes is so easy that you can make it with in minute. you just need some vegetables of your choice and water.
- Take some chopped vegetables in a pan.
- Add little water and cook it for some time
- now switch off the gas are cool it down
- blend the vegetables with the help of a blender
- The puree is ready to eat
- If you want you can add some amount of ghee, salt and black pepper
- to enhance the taste