kitchen Chimney Cleaning: Methods and Techniques
Table of Contents
Kitchen Chimney Cleaning
Every appliance need some maintenance in order to work properly and give the full efficiency. So, a kitchen chimney cleaning is also need to be cleaned on a regular bases in order to get the good suction and cleaned kitchen.
In this article we will discuss about how to clean the chimney filter in the most effective and easy way.
Importance of cleaning chimney
It is important to clean a chimney because of the following reasons:
- The oil and grease in the kitchen hoods can be home of the microorganism which have the direct impact on our health through the food we eat and cook underneath the chimney.
- A dirty hood do not looks good in the kitchen and have a negative impact on the our guests.
- It will effect the over all performance of the chimney. A blocked filter will not be able to suck out the oil, smoke and grease effectively.
- If you have a mesh filter it will need replacement if you do not clean it on a regular basis.
- The oil can drip out of the filter on the gas stove which can be a cause of fire in the kitchen.
- The more dirty the filter the more time consuming and difficult to clean it so it need to cleaned every fortnight or once in a month.
- You can easily clean the chimney at home without spending so much on the time with the methods discussed below.
How Frequently one should clean chimney
Cleaning with normal detergent
The filter or the mesh can be cleaned with the help of the simple detergent if it is not too greasy or oily. Follow the steps and it is done:
- Remove the the filter layer(steel baffle filter) from the chimney by lifting the button.
- Fill a tub with hot water( preferably boiling) and add some detergent.
- Dip the filter layer in the water for about 15 minutes. It will helps in getting rid of the stains easily.
- Now take a brush or a soft scrubber and rug the grill where you have stain or spots.
- Clean the filter layer with the normal water.
- Let it dry for some time and place it back in the chimney.
For cleaning the top part(curved glass)
- Remove the stains with the help of a soft cotton cloth.
- Sprinkle some water on the top of the glass.
- Take a news paper and rub it against the glass surface.
- A sparkling surface will be left out.
Kitchen chimney cleaning with vinegar and baking soda
Sometimes the filter gets the some tough stains and grease which is very difficult to remove with the help of detergent. But no need to worry, Just follow the following steps:
- Add two parts of vinegar and a spoon of baking soda.
- Rub it gently on the surface of the filter.
- Leave it aside.
- Then dip the filter in the hot water and clean it.
- All the stains will get removed easily.
- place back the filter to the chimney.
Cleaning chimney filter with caustic soda
The caustic soda is considered as one of the agent to clean the grease and oil easily. The steps involved are as follows:
- Take the filter out of the kitchen hood.
- Sprinkle caustic soda all over the filter.
- Let it sit for some time about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Now wear the gloves before cleaning as the caustic soda can cause trouble to your hand skin.
- Run the caustic soda with a brush so that all stains are removed.
- Now rinse it with water and let it dry.
- Place back the chimney filter on its position again.
The main drawback of this method is that the caustic soda can cause skin irritation.
Kitchen cleaning with paint thinner
The paint thinner is easy to use just apply some some paint thinner on a cloth and wipe the greasy area of the filter with it. all the stains and grease will comes out easily. please remove the filter before applying it.
Apart from all these methods the chimney also need internal cleaning which is required to be done by the professional. It can be done once in year and is not too much costly. The professional removes and disassemble the chimney and clean it from the interior.
NOTE: DO NOT TRY IT BY YOURSELF AS IT IS A COMPLACATED TASK NEED EXPERTISE TO BE DONE OTHERWIS IT CAN DAMGE THE MACHINERY.